December 24, 2016

Christmas cupcakes ideas!

christmas cupcakes5  

One more day left and Christmas is here! 
I think that actually the most joyful part of this holiday is all the preparation and anticipation for it rather than Christmas day itself - oh wait, there also the gifts opening on that day, nevermind what I just said, that is the most exciting part! 
So in honor of this holiday, as I felt very festive, I decided to make some Winter themed cupcakes which I am totally excited about. The idea came into my mind in a minute and in the next hour I was out purchasing all the necessary ingredients. The decorating ideas came into my mind as the baking process went all along, so naturally, I was missing some red pigment or some glitter, I'm also not too happy about the cupcake paper forms, they started to disintegrate in the oven, but after all this, at least they are insanely delicious and my level satisfaction was sky high!

  christmas cupcakes2

I have my snowmen which I made with extreme care out of fondant and I used some pretzels and chocolate tiny bubbles as I like to call them, as decor

christmas cupcakes

Next I have my polar bear paws made out of chocolate glazed biscuits and chocolate almond dragees - I actually had to glaze them myself because I could not find anywhere small chocolate biscuits with glaze on them - it was mission impossible IX

christmas cupcakes4 christmas cupcakes3

Aaaand my little reindeer and snowballs, I used the same fondant for both, some dragees and lots of coconut flakes as decor!

christmas cupcakes7 christmas cupcakes1 christmas cupcakes6

For these cupcakes I used simple ingredients, like 250 g flour and sugar, 3 eggs, a teaspoon of baking powder, 100 ml sour cream, 170 g of butter and some vanilla extract for the dough. Baked in the oven for 20 minutes and done!

For the white icing, I used 100 g of cream cheese, 25 g of butter and 50 g of powder sugar.
As for the brandy icing I used 200 ml of whipped cream, 30 g of powder sugar, one tablespoon of soluble coffee and a bit of brandy for flavor.

Simple right? The decorating part is the most challenging but also, fun to do!

With this, I am wishing you all a very Merry (and sweet) Christmas and I hope you are also feeling as festive and joyful as I do! 

See you soon!

18 comments:

  1. These cupcakes are so cute! I'm not the best at baking, I don't think mine would turn out so good :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good...merry christmas!
    http://zunera-serena.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious :) Lovely post! Kisses..Merry Christmas.
    Beauty and Fashion Freaks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute ideas, and they look sooo tasty too!!x

    Millie x
    http://www.queenmillie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, I love the preparation and anticipation. These cupcakes are all so fun!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cupcakes are super adorable! What a great idea!
    X
    Miri

    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo cute and tempting :)
    Love them all.

    rasoirecipe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, these are so adorable! I love how they have that professional bakery touch, yet they have that homemade look as well; you did a marvelous job! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, girlie!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are so cute. I wish I had yout baking skills
    x,abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so adorable!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow its nice in looking and so yummy :) ;)
    Regards

    walkindiscount.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cupcakes are so darn cute and look ADORABLE too!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful post!Love everything included those delicious cupcakes!
    Happy Holidays! Thanks for sharing!
    Much love, Len
    www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my these are so cute! I love the little snowman ones!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the velvet dress, such a gorgeous style & design, plus the colour is beautiful. You looks amazing in it. Happy New Year x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete

Every little word is highly appreciated! Thank you!